Subscribe to iTunes
Always be learning.
Jason Bay is the co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer at Blissful Prospecting. He’s worked with hundreds of sales reps and personally closed millions of dollars in revenue during his career. At Blissful Prospecting, he’s in charge of growing company revenue through marketing and sales efforts.
In this episode, we talk about:
- how Blissful Prospecting was born
- how to make prospecting ‘fun’
- prospecting formulas that work
- practical tips on how to use videos for prospecting
- building cadence, and a lot more.
Check out the full episode!
Prospecting Formulas That Work
You definitely need to be targeted and purposeful with what you’re doing.
It starts with your ideal client profile – you need to know exactly who you’re reaching out to and it needs to be segmented.
Prospects want specialists, so the big thing that you need to do is to create that segmentation. The ideal client profile, it can’t just be “we work with SaaS companies”; it has to be “we help B2B SaaS companies, under 1000 employees, that use this type of…” – that’s how specific it needs to be.
That segmentation is going to allow you to really present a case that’s very specific for the person you’re reaching out to, without you having to do a lot of personalization.
Not All Prospects Are Created Equal
We send a couple of emails to someone, and we only send personalized videos to people that actually open the emails.
And this is a good prospecting hack: you really need to prioritize your prospects. Don’t treat everyone equally.
Don’t spend a lot of extra time calling or recording a video for someone if they’re not even opening half the emails that you’re sending.
How to Use Video for Prospecting (Practical Tips)
- When recording a video, make sure to look into the camera so the person on the other end feels like you’re talking to them.
- Invest in a good webcam.
- Keep it under 60 seconds. The ideal length is 30 seconds.
- Follow this format: Who you are, why you’re reaching out, and why you should talk (call to action).
- Create an eye-catching video thumbnail. Show your personality and don’t be too serious.
Want more? Listen to the FULL episode below:Subscribe to iTunes
Jason Bay (LinkedIn)
Free Guide from Blissful Prospecting